Sunday, June 14, 2009

On "Deterministic Nostalgia"- the title of the blog

Few of my friends who (already!) frequent my blog have been repeatedly asking this one question:
What does "Deterministic Nostalgia" mean ? Why this title ?
With this post I am trying to answer them.


First and foremost I have already written about my affinity towards cyber creatures like Googlebot (or Slurp). And in this case I had observed that there isn't a phrase "Deterministic Nostalgia" among all the billions of pages that Google indexes. See below:






Second, "How many times do you want to recollect about something you had thought long back and now are not able to reproduce ?"

Third, "Most of the times what I write in this blog is about what I have already experienced or thought about. So in essence I am forcing (deterministically) my thoughts (mostly nostalgic, at least so far!) on issues in life.


Justified ?
For me the first reason was enough. I solved the problem by creating appropriate content.

2 comments:

vishy said...

hahha, now i can stop wondering why you named it so!

S said...

Deterministic nostalgia..good one.